Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Decked halls.

It was fun decorating for our first Christmas in our new house.



We kept most of our traditions, like putting the kids' "first Christmas" pix by our stockings.

ChaCha and Frisco got new stockings this year! I'd been looking for matching cat/dog stockings and finally found some.

Our big tree ended up in our entryway. We'd prefer having it in our living room, but I love the way the lights reflect off the laminate floor.

I also love that we can see both our family and UT trees from the stairs. In our old house, our Christmas tree lights reflected off the sunroom windows, giving the appearance of many trees. In this house, we have room to actually put up the trees! (More pictures of this year's trees are HERE.)

Dining room

Granny's little angels

and her choirboys. These were in my grandmother's living room for years and years. The candle didn't survive storage that well, but I don't care! I have to put these guys on our piano or it just doesn't feel like Christmas.

Our nutcracker collection

These nutcrackers would say it best:
"There's no place like home!"

No comments: