Sunday, March 08, 2009

Kissing cousins.

It was such a nice surprise to get to see my aunt, uncle and second cousin at lunch Sunday! It had been so long since we'd seen them, and it was great to catch up.

And it was off-the-charts fantastic to get to meet A's little boy!

He is a perfect little sweetheart! He maintained his sweet disposition all through lunch, even as we passed him around like a basket of Cotton Patch rolls.

It's been too long since we've been around a baby. We made goofy faces and silly noises—pretty much made fools of ourselves.

After lunch the fam came over to our house for a bit.

I loved seeing MY babies hold A's little boy. It's crazy to see that Ryan and Katie are big enough to hold and entertain a baby. (And the fact that my cousin's little girl is a mom? Can't even BEGIN to go there! I still can't believe I'm old enough to have kids.)

Of course, my mom loved the chance to visit and to kiss some pudgy baby feet.

It was nice to see folks from my side of the family. It's wonderful to spend time with people who share my heritage, my memories, my stories. And it's cool to watch the next generation's stories unfold!

No comments: