Thursday, January 31, 2008

There are worse things I could do...


In spite of my trepidation, turning 40 ain't so bad!

My day started with Kerbey Lane pancakes ("breakfast birthday cakes," as Brett called them):

Then, at the beginning of my conference period, in walks my sweet husband, bearing flowers. They really spruced up my desk:

After school we met at Razzoo's for dinner, where Katie wowed us with her mad Rat Toe eating skills:
(Ever had Rat Toes? They are HOT, HOT, HOT!)


And miracle of miracles, I ordered THIS:
(It was a long way from saltines and 7-Up, so I still had to take the whole solid foods thing easy, easy...)

The food was delicious:

My mom joined us:
and brought the orange and white cake:
Ryan's expression aside, turning 40 wasn't quite as scary as I thought it might be!

2 comments:

Wade said...

Happy Anniversary!

(Happy Anniversary as in you celebrating your 20th anniversary of turning 20!)

PB said...

I hope 40 is sitting well with you. MAYBE I SHOULD BE TYPING IN ALL BIG TEXT, TO MATCH YOUR 40 VISION. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!