Friday, June 23, 2006

Now is the time to worship.

Megann, a friend from church, has cancer, and she needs a miracle. Please pray for her! A blog has been established to provide information and updates:

http://megannupdates.blogspot.com/

That link can give you some details, but it can't possibly relay Megann's sweet spirit! Our small group at church has been so blessed since she and her husband came along, but ever since her initial diagnosis last August, we have been amazed by her strength and faith. She has ministered to us through her perseverance in ways she'll never know.

A few weeks ago, she learned that her cancer had likely returned. Our small group gathered at her home to pray with her the night before the surgery to confirm the recurrence. The assembled prayed, cried, prayed some more, and I think we all left uplifted and tuned in to God's power. When I got in the car to drive home, however, I felt very small and, in spite of all the praying, somehow detached from God. I was MAD. How could God let this happen to Megann? Then I turned on the radio, and the song that was just starting was "Come, Now is the Time to Worship." And that was exactly what I needed to hear. NOW--when we're scared and mad and depressed and frustrated, when we're questioning how all of this bad stuff could happen to such a faithful believer--NOW is the time to say YES! You are our God and we WORSHIP YOU. We THANK YOU for all the wonderful things you're doing in our lives every day and for the ways you have and will continue to bless Megann.

Come, now is the time to worship.
Come, now is the time to give your heart.
Come, just as you are to worship.
Come, just as you are before your God.
Come.
(by Brian Doerksen)

I don't have to have the perfect attitude to worship him. I can worship just as I am, with my anger, my doubts, my fears. God is good!

Please join us in praying for Megann.

No comments: